Wagon work 1.

It’s still in progress, but here’s kind of a halfway update on the work on the wagon. I sanded a bunch of bubbled rust areas all over, sprayed them with some rust converter, and then primered them so far. This is a temporary fix for now mostly so it isn’t as ugly and to slow down any rusting. I may have to wait for some warmer weather to really get it all fixed up. As I mentioned, most areas are still pretty solid, with some exceptions on the rocker panels, so I ordered entire new panels and am waiting for them, which may be a while. One of the brake pads is banging around, so I have to fix that and I think one of the struts is weak also. I happen to have some spring/strut/mount assemblies laying around from the original 91 Sunbird that have the earlier mounting bolt pattern that I’m going to put in. I also tossed the ugly roof rack and pulled all the trim off to be able to get at rusty areas, and I’ll probably leave it all off because I like it that way. I also removed the timing belt cover because I like the look of the cam gear being exposed and it makes it easier to see the status of the belt, and also makes it easier to change it. However, it wasn’t really necessary on the 1.8 because of the different cover design which is really easy to get off. Here are a few updated pics of the car looking a bit less rusty and ugly.

rackless, trimless, primered

rackless, trimless, primered

and another view

and another view

Leave a Reply